It’s the first Wednesday of the KARMIC CHALLENGE, and Captain Savage has challenged me to a duel to the death, the loser to become a slug. This week, I am going to attempt to:
- make my mother Creme Caramel. Usually I turn up to her place with frozen curry, so this is a pretty scary thing for me. Also, I will bring flowers, partly to cheer her up and partly in case the Creme Caramel doesn’t work out (I haven’t made it before).
- say something seriously appreciative to someone I don’t like. It’ll be hard, but I’m going to ooze sincerity (because you don’t get karma unless you mean it).
- pay compliments to strangers (not just the attractive ones either).
Captain Savage, in a frantic attempt to catch up, is going to do the following acts of stupendous niceness:
- take his horrible colleague out to coffee (I hope he survives. Her, not so much)
- eat only cruelty-free meat for a month (extra points if he can avoid baby animals)
Unfortunately CS starts with a handicap as he took someone’s parking space today – a wicked act which cost him 5 points.
At the end of the week, we’ll tot our points up, list our selfless acts, and post them. If anybody else does anything spectacularly karmic during the week, feel free to let me know and I’ll list THOSE as well. Better than an award and much easier to get around to! (maybe)